Saturday, April 21, 2007

Newbery Challenge

I have decided to join the Newbery challenge proposed by http://nattierosewrites.com/mt I have loved the Newbery books I have read in the past and since I have been in a sort of slump lately, this will be a good way to get pumped up again.

Here is my list of 6 books:

Get on your mark,

1. The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron 2007 (currently waiting for me at the library)
2. The View From Saturday by E. L. Konigsburg 1997
(2. A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck (replaces Konigsburg which I already read.))
3. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien 1972 (I may have read this before, but I have no memory of it)
4. Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson 1945
5. Onion John by Joseph Crumgold 1960
6. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherin Paterson 1978 (I know I read this one, but it was so long ago that I need to read it again)

Get set,
GO

5 comments:

Nattie said...

Let us know what you think of the Higher Power of Lucky. Thank you for joining the challenge. :-)

Bybee said...

I'd like to do the Newbery Challenge (it would give me the excuse I need to go ahead and buy The Higher Power Of Lucky) but I'm in a slump and haven't made good progress on my other Challenges. This one's right up my alley, though. And for some reason, one of the bookstores I visit stocks a lot of Newbery, old and new winners alike.

Bybee said...

Forgot to say in my earlier comment: Thanks for recognizing that the blog was 50 Books. I've bookmarked it and yours as well.

jenclair said...

Oh, another challenge! Don't know if I can resist this one.

Yes, lisa jean, I was referring to Jubilee Trail by Gwen Bristow. I can't wait to reread it!

Lisa Jean said...

ByBee--My husband is going to pick up The Higher Power of Lucky from the library today. I plan on diving right in. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jenclair--It is so fun to meet someone else who read Gwen Bristow. I ran though everything she wrote when I was in highschool. I would almost be afraid to reread them and lose the magic of that first read.