Friday, April 06, 2007

Ten Books You Can't Live Without

Kailana of The Written World suggested making a list of the ten books that bloggers think they or the world should not be without. Here is my list, but keep in mind that it is constantly evolving and might well change by the time I post this response.

1. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
2. The Shipping News by Annie Proulx
3. Illusions by Richard Bach
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence
6. Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
7. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books by Betty MacDonald
8. My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
9. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
10. Life of Pi by Yann Martel

7 comments:

Bookfool said...

I love My Side of the Mountain!! I didn't even think of that one, but I read it at least twice. Thanks for the reminder. :)

And, thanks for visiting my blog!

Kailana said...

Thanks for joining in! I am enjoying reading everyones lists and see new faces on my blog.

kookie said...

Lisa Jean, thank you for visiting my reading list and leaving a comment. 'Life of Pi' is one of my all time favorites.

BabelBabe said...

i think this is a cool idea - am going to swipe it, ok?

why huck finn but not tom sawyer? just curious...

i need to reread Mockingbird. LOVE that book.

Lisa Jean said...

bookfool, I love My Side of the Mountain. I always wanted to live in a tree.

Kailana, This was a great idea. It was really hard to pick just 10 books.

Kookiejar, I will visit your booklist often. It already gave me some new ideas for books I missed.

Hey Babelbabe, Huck Finn was funnier. I have been known to go back and just read the funny parts when I need a lift. the 10 books idea came from http://myreadingbooks.blogspot.com/
I'm sure she would love to have you join the group.

Bybee said...

I've got My Side Of The Mountain on my TBR. This will spur me to read it!

Anonymous said...

My top ten would have to include things like "everything ever written by Terry Pratchett."

Did you ever tell me whether you'd read Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next noels? I don't honestly think you'd like them, but it's such a sly look at books and writing -- and sometimes writers. :)

Karen