Saturday, May 05, 2007

Pay Off

I have said before, I believe that if you want to write good, you have to read a lot. When I began writing short stories I immersed myself in short stories, both classic and contemporary and I also read many, many books on the art of writing fiction. Now that I have changed my writing focus to poetry I am doing the same thing. In some ways, poetry is harder. Oh, it is shorter, but there is so much to ferret out of some poems that many readings are required to "get it."

For me I got a little pay off for all of the work I have been doing with poetry. Yesterday I got an e-mail from the editor of an on-line zine asking to publish one of the poems I submitted. I was/am ecstatic. Wicked Alice is the name of the zine and it is really top notch. My poem will be in the July/summer issue and I will be sure to hawk it here, that the so inclined can read it.

6 comments:

kookie said...

Big congrats! Getting published is no small feat considering all the wannabe writers in the world. You should be proud.

Lisa Jean said...

It is really exciting. I can't wait until July.

BabelBabe said...

AWESOME! Congratulations, I will look forward to seeing it.

Lisa Jean said...

Thanks BB, you can be sure I'll be crowing out the website when it is published.

jenclair said...

You need to share the link! And congratulations!

Lisa Jean said...

Thanks Jenclair. The link is http://www.sundress.net/wickedalice/ but the poem won't be up until July. Be assured, I'll post the link again. I'm pretty thrilled.