Monday, January 22, 2007

Wrestling with Gravy by Jonathan Reynolds

I like essays. I picked up this book because I like to cook and I thought it was going to be more of a foodie book than it turned out to be. There were recipes in the book, but none that I felt compelled to copy to make myself. The thing is, even though Reynolds and I have very different political views, and if we were in the same room, I might have to scream at him, he is still very charming and likeable. His views on Hollywood and the New York theater scene are a little catty and quite amusing. Since I feel no compunction in my reading life to ever finish a book that I don't want to finish, and I finished this one, I at least have to give it a lukewarm thumbs up for holding my interest all the way through.

No comments: